Thread: GTR - Opis automobila - karakteristike, ponasanje, brzina

'bem li ga, sta da vam kazem, zao mi je sto ovo nisam pronasao ranije, recimo pre nego sto smo birali kola za ligu, ili dok se diskutovalo o tome kakav je koji auto, bilo bi vrlo korisno...no, bolje ikad nego nikad.

Ovo je napisao Roland Ehnström, vrlo pouzdan izvor informacija, GT Rank -38.998 u GT klasi naravno bez pomoci sigurno, covek kome definitivno moze da se veruje.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Original von Roland Ehnström

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First a schematic view of how fast each car is, when it simply comes to hotlap times. On an average track (whatever that is), and driven by me, the relative laptimes would probably look something like this, in seconds:

+0.0 Saleen, Ferrari 550
    +0.5 Lamborghini, Lister
    +1.0 Ferrari 575, Corvette
    +1.5 Viper
    +2.0
    +2.5
    +3.0
    +3.5
    +4.0 Porsche GT2
    +4.5
    +5.0 Seat
    +5.5
    +6.0 Ferrari 360, Porsche GT3-RS, Porsche Turbo
    +6.5 Morgan, Mosler
    +7.0
    +7.5 Gillet
    +8.0
    +8.5
    +9.0
    +9.5
    +10.0
    +10.5
    +11.0
    +11.5 BMW
    +12.0
    +12.5 Porsche Cup
    +13.0
    +13.5
    +14.0
    +14.5
    +15.0 Lotus

Now a closer look at each of the GT cars in the sim (plus the Corvette, which is in fact "G2" but is competitive against the GT's). These are my personal thoughts about each car. I do not claim that this is an objective truth: These things depend A LOT on driving style, car setup and personal preference. Under "best track" and "worst track" I try to give you an idea of the kind of track that fits and does not fit each of these cars. I have not driven all cars on all tracks. Top speed is the speed at the end of a normal length main straight, not the ultimate TOP speed the car can possibly reach. In the order of competitiveness in RACE conditions:

Ferrari 550 GTS

Handling: This car is front heavy, which makes it good under braking and turn in, but difficult on the exits. The somewhat peaky engine makes it difficult to get the power down smoothly - it's easy to get sudden wheelspin. In long corners the high front weight can cause understeer. For those familiar to GPL, this is the Lotus of GTR.

Top speed: Very high

Tire wear: Very low. This car can win races on tire wear alone. Along with the outright speed of the car, this makes the Ferrari 550 the car to beat in races.

Fuel consumption: Medium

Best track: Any

Worst track: None

Note: What I have said goes only for the Care Racing and BMS 550's. The other 550's are slower - especially the orange Wieth 550 is a lot slower.

Lister Storm

Handling: This car can feel a bit "stiff", with built-in understeer in long bends and a tendency to snap sideways on exits. However driven properly, just below the very limit, the car can be a very nice experience. In any case, it is fantasticly stable under braking and has a very stable turn-in. This car may not be the ultimately fastest in qualifying, but in races it is very competitive indeed - the longer the race the better. In GPL-terms, this is the Brabham of GTR.

Top speed: Low. The Lister's only weakness is it's engine.

Tire wear: Very low. This car has the best tire wear of all cars in the GT class.

Fuel consumption: Low. Again, best of all the GT cars.

Best track: Oschersleben or Donington

Worst track: Monza or Enna

Note: The black factory Listers to me seem to be faster than the yellow and blue Creation Listers, but I am not sure about this.

Lamborghini Murciélago R-GT

Handling: Although I've heard a lot of people praise this car, to me it is one of the most difficult cars to drive, especially under braking and turn-in. It depends a lot on the track - it's miles better in the banked sweepers at Anderstorp than in the fast chicanes of Magny-Cours. The worst thing about the car, to me, is it's evil tendency to lift the inside front wheel under trailbraking, which leads to unneccessary tire wear and unstability. In chicanes it feels very nervous indeed, and over bumps it is just terrible. Only in long smooth bends does this car feel really good. However it has high overall grip, which makes up for some of the bad handling and low top speed.

Top speed: Low

Tire wear: High

Fuel consumption: Very high. This is the thirstiest car in the sim by a long way.

Best track: Anderstorp

Worst track: Estoril or Monza

Saleen S7-R

Handling: This car is surprisingly easy to drive. In fact, after some laps in the 550, the Saleen feels almost arcade! It is especially good on the exits, where it has better traction than any other car. It has by far the highest amount of downforce of any car in the sim, which makes it rule the fast bends. However, the downforce acts mostly on the rear of the car, so in fast bends it can tend to understeer. And the tire wear is just insane. The Saleen reminds me of the Eagle in GPL.

Top speed: Very high

Tire wear: Very high. This is the worst car for tire wear, challanged only by the Porsche GT2. The Saleen needs to be driven ultra-smoothly to be competitive in the long runs.

Best track: Monza or Spa

Worst track: Anderstorp or Barcelona (tire wear)

Ferrari 575 GTC

Handling: Like it's older brother the 550, but far easier on the exits because of a more balanced weight bias and less power.

Top speed: Medium

Tire wear: Low

Best track: Any

Chevrolet Corvette C5-R

Handling: Fantastic! To me this car has the best handling of all cars in the entire sim. It's especially impressive over bumps. Really, I can't find anything bad to say about the handling of the Corvette. This car is clearly the Cooper of GTR.

Tire wear: Medium

Fuel consumption: High

Best track: Estoril

Chrysler Viper GTS-R

Handling: The Viper clearly lacks downforce. The overall grip level is low, and the rear end is very lively. This makes it one of the most fun cars to drive, but don't get carried away, or the tire wear will be huge. The car also likes to bounce around a lot after hitting a bump. The Honda of GTR.

Fuel consumption: Low

Best track: Monza

Worst track: Donington

Note: The Viper teams use different makes of tires: Michelin, Dunlop or Pirelli, which in turn have different characteristics. I've also heard people say the cars have different amounts of power (regardless of what it sais in the "showroom"), but I haven't tested this.

Porsche 911/993 GT2

Handling: Oh. My. God. blink.gif In 1967, they called this kind of car B.R.M... rolleyes.gif

Top speed: Very low

Tire wear: Very high

Fuel consumption: Don't know, never got that far...

Best track: None

Worst track: All

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Roland

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Sjajan post!!!

Sad imaju razloga neki da zale sto nisu uzeli 575 kad su mogli a i Corvettu
    "Racing is a space-time continuum"

Quote Originally Posted by drapin

Chrysler Viper GTS-R

The car also likes to bounce around a lot after hitting a bump.

Note: The Viper teams use different makes of tires: Michelin, Dunlop or Pirelli, which in turn have different characteristics. I've also heard people say the cars have different amounts of power (regardless of what it sais in the "showroom"), but I haven't tested this.

-- Roland
    Uzeo sam njegov setup za saleen na Barsi, tako da sam cuo za Rolanda. Ovo sto sam boldovao je upravo ono na sta sam se zalio u svom poslednjem ili pretposlednjem postu. Ovo za corvetu mi nije jasno, niko sa njom nema tako dobra vremena, a ni sa 575? Malo ljudi ih vozi, a vremena za Viper su na vecini staza bolja na GTR rank nego za dva pomenuta automobila.
    Razbijena jos jedna iluzija o Viper-ovoj maksimalnoj brzini.
    Ovo za Lamba je zanimljivo, posto ga je Drap promovisao kao najlakseg
    Elem, sve treba uzeti sa rezervom.

Odlican thread,pokazalo se da sam pravilno razmisljao prilikom odabira automobila,mada sam imao i prilicno srece

Quote Originally Posted by VIP

Chrysler Viper GTS-R

-- Roland
    Uzeo sam njegov setup za saleen na Barsi, tako da sam cuo za Rolanda. Ovo sto sam boldovao je upravo ono na sta sam se zalio u svom poslednjem ili pretposlednjem postu. Ovo za corvetu mi nije jasno, niko sa njom nema tako dobra vremena, a ni sa 575? Malo ljudi ih vozi, a vremena za Viper su na vecini staza bolja na GTR rank nego za dva pomenuta automobila.
    Gde si uzeo? Ajde dajte i meni neki polovan setup za Saleen-a da probam da sidjem bar ispod 1:38 u francuskoj.
    Krivi smo mi koji smo ćutali....

Quote Originally Posted by Soko
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP

Chrysler Viper GTS-R

-- Roland
    Gde si uzeo? Ajde dajte i meni neki polovan setup za Saleen-a da probam da sidjem bar ispod 1:38 u francuskoj.
    Neces vjerovati, ali na tom sajtu su francusku vozili svi , ama bas svi, sa F550. Vjerovatno Drap zna neki bolji sajt. Ako nadjem javicu ti, ali to su hot lap setupi i moraces dobro da ih preradis da bi ti izdrzali trku.